
This pencil sketch was beautifully done by Barbra Joan of Florida. The sketch was inspired by a photo I took a few years ago of our 4th granddaughter, Gracie, while she was bringing me the dandiest of lions from our backyard in Woodstock, IL. OH MY!
Check out more of Barbra's work on her blog. Barbra has quite a gift in watercolor and sketch art. All I do is push buttons on a camera!
I am a total art klutz. In fact, I was once removed from my 8th grade art class for throwing a baseball-size wad of clay at the blackboard where the teacher standing and drawing to show us how to be artsy with clay. Woopie-doo! No, I wasn't trying to hit him. I deliberately threw the clay ball about 10 feet to his left and hit the blackboard. I can hear you asking already ... So, YES the clay stuck to the board! It actually hit with quite a thud. After a quick survey of the room, Mr. Brock-Jones determined that I only had half the clay that I had just been given. So I was dismissed without proper trial.
By the way, I will never understand why kids are so disrespectful today. Let's just say that at 14 years old, I didn't really appreciate the same form of art as the teacher did. I was however a big fan of an art form called humor and ... yes, my toss got a well deserved round of laughter as I left the room. That behavior should have earned me more discipline. I would have freaked if my kid would have done something like that. But I still would have laughed when they weren't around.
Anyway ... Barbra, thanks for this very cool rendition!
NikonSniper Steve
