
Well, at this writing I find myself sitting in the San Antonio airport with a delayed flight home to Chicago. Schedule delays have always been AND will always be a nasty part of travel. Either way, I am very happy to be heading home after an eventful week in San Antonio, Houston and Austin.
One of the very bright perks of this trip was getting to see our daughter Tara who is at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio working to become a 68 Whiskey Combat Field Medic in the Army. She is doing great in her class and physical training. Grabbed this reluctant photo of her in the city. It is very fascinating to s
ee how much this new world is changing her future. The hours and moments that we shared together here will never be forgotten. I thank God for this bonus of travel to Texas.Tara was very happy to advance far enough in her training to gain some extra priviledges like ... wearing jeans off the base on her down time. Sounds crazy, huh? The Army is a very disciplined world and she says they almost don't know what to do now when they have unexpected free time. Tara and her friend, PFC Crabbe, sat watching a movie last weekend on television ... and they got to hold the channel changer! We went out to eat to some special places and went to the Riverwalk on the last two weekends. It is cool to see her develop new friendships with people from all over the USA and even some in our military from outside the country.
I also got to have an evening with my brother in San Antonio. We had a great evening out at Austin's Oasis catching up on what getting older is like and had some old laughs. I miss family now everywhere I go. Our family is spread out over Ontario, Illinois, and Texas. If I am here ... I miss there. But there is still no place like home. So here I sit on another flight delay ... clicking my heels together and repeating "There's No Place Like Home".
Those of you who follow NikonSniper are a very special constant now. Your comments on what you see here are very helpful when I am away from home and I appreciate them so much. Photography keeps me out of trouble. It keeps me busy and always looking forward to something unique to photograph and pass the time. Thanks for your kind words. I hope you enjoy these periodic rants along the way.
Here's hoping that you all can experience a bit of joy in feeling the greatness of "being at home". God bless you all you do.
All the best. NikonSniper Steve